Friday 27 June 2008

E-mail to Steve~about myself

My name is Elaine and I come from Taiwan. I have a small family with my parents and an older sister. My father operates a machine agency in China, and my mother is a housewife also do fabric design at home. Inspired with my mother, thus I am interesting in painting and hand-making. My family liked to go hiking and camping on weekends when I was a teenager. Now, I often visit gallery and see movies with my friend .I prefer most kind of movies except ghost and horror.

I have studied Commercial Design five years in collage, and then enrolled catholic university to study Accessories Design. The scope of Accessories Design is very broad; it includes jewellery design, metal crafts, bags design, gem setting, marketing, and gemology, etc. My graduation work is design six bags to relate to my specific theme--- Bauhaus, and got a quite good mark. After graduation from university, I worked in an accessories agency for two years. I designed bags and communicate with factory to insure there is no problem with churn out. Until March in last year, I resign and concentrate my attention in IELTS test. I am goining to study Master degree of Jewellery Design in September, 2008. I expect to promote my design skills and raise senses of Jewellery.I hope to qualify with a jewellery designer in companies and have skills to create products to accord with different demands from customers. I have aspirations to become more competitive and successful.

I have not been to London before, and just begin to recognize the beautiful city. I think London has a social community because people attend parties and drink after work. Comparison to Taiwan, on account of employees work long time every day, only young people and society go to club at night.

After this pre-sessional English course, I expect my English language to improve dramatically. I am allowed to enroll Master course and research in English. For this reason, except English skills: reading, writing, speaking, listening, grammar, etc. I think accurate methods of research are the most important. It can help me to do research favoringly.

Due to self-study is infrequent in my country, I spend a lot of time to search the article which is related to my study area. Therefore, my self-study targets for this week are develop my search skill on website and build a complete system of self-study.

No comments: