Monday 28 July 2008

Diagnostic grammar test

After the grammar test, I discovered the three main weakness that I have.
  • Meaning of phrasal verb
  • Tense, especially past perfect
  • preposition
-Which of the grammar points you have problems with are more important for a) writing b) speaking c) both?
I think my grammar problem in writing is more important than speaking. People usually understand what I spoke, but not the same in writing.

-Do you think that doing lots and lots of grammar exercises is the best way to improve your grammar?
Yes, I think is the best way to improve my grammar, because I can find out what are the problems that I need to challenge.

-Can you think of any other activities that you could do without having to pick up a grammar book?
  • Do grammar exercises online.
  • Practice grammar skills in writing and speaking.
  • Reading articles is also a good way to be familiar with grammar.
-How do you think you've learnt the grammar you already know well?
I had done grammar exercise when I learnt it before. I considered the roles of
grammar before speaking.

-Can you find some online exercises to help you with your grammar weaknesses. Please put a link to anything you find, then do the exercise, and paste into your blog any sentences/phases you got wrong or would like to remember.
Meaning of phrasal verb
  • I cannot make out his writing.
  • She broken down and cried.
  • I can hardly concentrate. I could really do with a holiday.
  • Why don't you carry on singing? You have such a beautiful voice.

Preposition

  • "Late for work again ?"
  • I have been suffering from dizziness lately.
  • His wife is so jealous of him she follows him everywhere he goes !
Tense,Past Perfect
  • Helen has worked so hard today that she has had no time to play her weekly game of tennis.
  • My uncle George has never seen the sea. I heard him make plans last week though.
  • Have you seen Annemie today ? I have seen her this morning but I didn't see her since.

No comments: